Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Marry me

i have been going to many wedding receptions as of late, and while so many of my friends have been getting married, i have been telling EVERYONE that i’m embracing singlehood for the moment….but this past weekend i got the wind knocked out of me.
i can’t stop thinking about it.

i went to this beautiful place for my cousins wedding.



the portland temple is gorgeous; the setting was serene, peaceful, simply incredible. in short, it was a beautiful day~beautiful bride, handsome groom, wonderful & fun family, and sensational food.
everything that i can hope for someday.

there was a dance “party” at the end of the reception that night.
i have some cousins that can dance!

most memorable moment:
jessica (the bride) dancing her tail off with all the girl cousins
and michael (the groom) watching her.
i watched him watch her.
it was the way he looked at her, almost bashfully and out of the corner of his eye, but definitely saying,
“i’m the luckiest guy in the world…”

moral of the story: i want that.
no, I CRAVE that.
for whatever reason it hit me that night that i am too excited to get married...just maybe


p.s.  today i officially decided that this song will be playing for my husband's and my first dance...