Thursday, June 16, 2011

What to do...the visa did NOT come through :(

Jordan has now been in the MTC for 11 weeks. We just received an email from her that stated she will NOT be leaving next Monday, when we thought she would, with one of the two missionaries in her group.... her visa didn't come through....yet!  She loves the MTC but is SOOOO ready to be gone and in Tahiti!  
A Bit from her emails below:
Desire for Mission
"To be honest, I hope that my mission is hard.  I hope that it breaks me time and time again so that I can learn to rely on the Lord to build myself back up.  I hope that I am like the prophets in the Book of Mormon and feel heartbroken and torn when people don’t embrace the gospel.  I don't want to be selfish anymore.  I am aware that I need to be selfless. I feel like my mission is already changing my mindsets and I am realizing what is most important in life."

Oh, MEN! 
"So you know the sister/teacher who has been helping us that won Miss Colorado after she came home from her mission to Tahiti?  Anyway, she pulled me aside after we taught a discussion to her and talked to me a little bit.  She said, "I just have to tell you this, because, when I was in the mtc, I wish that I had a sister as a teacher so that I could have been warned."  And then she proceeded to say that because we are foreigners in the French Polynesia and because we have accents that we will be like “goddesses” to the men and elders in Tahiti.  She said that I will be receiving love letters all the time.  So she gave me some advice.  She said that I should just not respond and she shared some signs of one of them being in love with me.  She also said to look "blah" because "blah" to them is still BEAUTIFUL hahahah! Holy cow, this will be an adventure!"

Prayer
"Mckay, I'M the one who is saying Enos prayers now!   Your prayers were nothing!  And get this...I say Enos prayers in FRENCH!!!  AHHHHHHHH I am SO COOL!!!"  

Singing in the MTC
"I sang in church on Sunday.  Most beautiful arrangement of “I Need Thee Every Hour”...great, great music book!  You should look for it for me.  I forget what it is called but most, if not all of the songs, are written by Tyler Castleton and it is a Kenneth Cope book.  Anyway, Elder Barker who played the piano for me (suuuuper good but not as good as McKay ;)) told me to audition to sing for the whole mtc and I did.  I sang at the senior orientation!  And it went really, really well.  And the whole mission presidency and their wives were so gracious and complimentary :)"

Obedience 
"So Elder Nelson came to speak to us on Tuesday!!!  I love hearing the apostles!  He talked about obedience… it was so good to hear all of the promised blessings we receive when we are obedient!  I will write you more about it, but one of the things that Sister Nelson said that I LOVE is this, "obedience brings blessings, and exact obedience brings miracles."  I love that!  I have been trying so hard to be exactly obedient and I am already seeing some miracles.  For instance, my languages are accelerating again.  I feel so lucky to have this gospel!  I know that this gospel blesses lives and makes us happier."