Thursday, March 17, 2011

simply perfect day...


i couldn't have asked for a better day.
really.
perfect weather, my parents, and a few close friends.

a lds temple is a beautiful place.
its sacred and a happy place.
usually a girl goes through for the first time when she is getting married. 
its a privilege to be in the temple.
i, however, have the honor of going through without a partner because i have been
called to serve as a full-time lds missionary and representative of the Lord.
 going through the temple before leaving for tahiti gives me extra strength, commitment, and protection while i am serving my mission.
funny enough, most of the temple workers that day thought i was soon to be married. 
 as i sat by myself for a few minutes in the "celestial room",
i was glad for this time.
i'm excited to have this experience.
my mom, who served a mission in manchester, england many years ago,
 tells me that by serving a mission i am adding an
"extra chapter" to my life story; 
that it will change and alter the next chapters, 
and that it will add depth, excitement and that it will enrich my life story.

I know she is right.









“There exists a righteous unity between the temple and the home. Understanding the eternal nature of the temple will draw you to your family; understanding the eternal nature of the family will draw you to the temple.  President Howard W. Hunter 








 Papeete Tahiti LDS temple.

I am excited to go through this temple very soon :)